[mythtv] pvr350 and DVB

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 23 13:19:56 UTC 2005

Quoting Marcus Metzler <mocm at mocm.de>:

> Do I need to run X11 (ivtvdev) on the pvr350 in order to get it working with
> mythtv?
> I am asking because I could not get it to run with ivtv-0.2.0-rc3e and
> kernel 2.6.11.4 yet.
> How do I tell mythtv to use the pvr350? I set the option n
> settings.pro (before the new configure) and also in the Setup for
> video output. Is that enough?

Not sure about the ivtv stuff I have retired my 350 for tv playback..

> Am I correct in assuming that the mythtv won't play transport streams on
> the pvr350? If so, would ivtvdecoder.cpp be the place to add support
> for it? Will mythtv try playing TS even if it can't or is that blocked
> somewhere?

I don't believe the pvr350 can.. If you know otherwise I would love to see it be
able to playback ts files (even if a ps transform is used in ivtvdecoder).  I
didn't spend much time on it though..

> And one more thing, I just got a new diseqc switch which can handle 10
> inputs and uses different diseqc commands for switching the
> inputs. Where do I have to add support for that?
> (Instead of e0 10 38 (f0 | (nr*4)) 00 00 it uses e0 10 39 (f0|nr) 00
> 00)
> I already tried it with libdvb and it works fine (not included the
> version on the website).

10 inputs!  Wow.. I want one.. libs/libmythtv/dvbdiseqc.cpp I think you will
have to add a new diseqc type for that puppy though, so it will touch more than
just that one file.. A line or two in videosource.cpp..

Taylor