[mythtv] New configure script oddities

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Mar 22 22:54:10 UTC 2005

> BTW is the cpu detection not working for you? I'd like the configure
> script not to require parameters except for cross-compiling and turning
> on experimental features.

Like anyone who values their time (but not their PVR box as much), I compile
on a much faster machine than I run on, making auto-detect a non-feature for
me.

> Can you try the attached patch? It should pass the --cpu and --tune
> parameters down without problems. (And tell you if they are invalid for
> your compiler.)

Sure, but is ugly if you only pass --cpu (no ARCHFLAGS so the warning stuff
you added shows up). What about abandoning --cpu altogether and going with
something like --arch and --tune and have them mean essentially what they do
to gcc (doesn't really fix anything, just makes their function more obvious,
and of course still do CPU detection just boil things down to -march and
-mtune)?

Also some time soon I'm going to send a patch to allow separate C++ flags, I
think something like the patch I'm attaching (not final) will work better
for settings.pro.

--
Anduin Withers