[mythtv] MythMusic: MetaLibrarian RFC

Colin Guthrie myth at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Mar 22 21:21:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

Please can people give me feed back on this idea (link at the end).

It relates to how multiple applications can store audio metadata in a
common form which everyone can query/update according to a common API.

It would remove a huge amount of complexity from applications and allow
multiple applications to all work with common configuration setups,
playlists and advanced metadata info, and common system for storing
metadata.

It may not be the short term solution that MythMusic need with respect
to the ID3 tagging issues that I introduced but it may be a good
framework/movement to spin off from Myth for the greater good of all.

I would almost certainly require additional dependancies in Myth, but
these could probably be maintained as wrapped up libmyth components.

It is a long description, so it will take you a while to read it, but I
would really appreciate opinions/feedback as to whether anyone thinks it
a worthwhile project.

Feedback to the email at the end of the link or on this list would be
greatly appreciated.

I'm kinda expecting a "this is dumb/stupid/pointless" response, so I
wont be offended if this is indeed the case and someone can open my eyes!!

http://colin.guthr.ie/content/view/5/31/

All the best

Col.

PS comments on my Mambo setup that I've done practically nothing with,
will be ignored!!!! ;)