[mythtv] tarballs

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Tue Mar 22 08:04:35 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 11:05 pm, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:
> Question #1
> So the tarballs, they are typically just the source right, there is no
> binary available for download from the mythtv site right now is that
> correct?
> Would it be a good idea to create a couple of basic binaries for people
> to try out?

What kind of binaries, etc?  It's tricky. =)
Making the links to the various packages more obvious would be better, imo.

> Question # 2
> I have been running CVS with few problems for the last several weeks.
> Are there any objections to creating a tarball from  today's CVS?
> There is a major change in the configure system so the howto would have
> to be modified, but I could do that at the same time that I create a
> changelog.

Well, I'm _hoping_ to put out 0.18 in a couple weeks.  There's still stuff
that needs to get done & fixed before I'd consider current CVS
release-worthy.  I'd certainly not want to put something out right now, due
to the configure change needing more testing.

Isaac