[mythtv] should mythtv be forked?

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Mar 21 23:59:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Micah F. Galizia wrote:
]No.  People are busy -- that's life!  But personally, I found it frustrating
]that nobody (with any authority) gave any feedback at all to a patch I
]submitted.  Don't get me wrong, it is your project and you are entitled
]to do whatever you like.  However, I don't see much point in
]contributing if I am just ignored.  That's just my two cents.

I had a look at your patch. I cleaned it up a little (see attached), but
if you could make the rest of it look like the code in MythTV I'll apply
it. Have a look at: http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/CodingStandards

In particular in your code, please don't use tabs, use ANSI C bracing
(instead of K&R), and please use a singleton class when only one
version of the class should exist at any one time in the application.
The last one is not mentioned in the wiki document, but allows you to
get rid of those static/global arrays. We also generally capitalize the
first letter in method names, but if you are overloading a Qt method
this doesn't apply. Also if a C header has a C++ equivalent use the C++
in C++ code (i.e. cmath instead of math.h), this makes g++ 3.5 happy.

BTW You need to add --enable-linux-input to ./configure to use your
code in the attached patch.

-- Daniel