[mythtv] should mythtv be forked?

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:10:33 UTC 2005

Isaac,

   I don't want to start throwing more things at you, because I know
that there are a billion different solutions but I thought I might be
able to help out.  I agree with you, PHPNuke sucks bad... and it's not
very secure, as we've seen since you've been hacked before.  I've
started using a CMS called CPG-Nuke that is based from PHPNuke with
two main goals in mind: Security and Speed.  It's also fairly easy to
migrate from php-nuke to cpg-nuke.

If you are interested, perhaps we could talk about it and I could help
out with the migration and getting set up if needed.  I just want to
make sure that it'd meet your needs that PHPNuke seems to be failing
at.  If not, it might not be worth the extra time and effort.  Anyway,
if you are interested, please feel free to e-mail me and we can
discuss it.

Thanks!
Matt