[mythtv] indicating recording status in mythweb

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Sun Mar 20 03:51:48 UTC 2005

On the mythweb scheduled_recordings page, I sometimes find it hard to
see the coloured outlines which indicate conflicts and other problems
(especially since conflicts are in red, and I record a lot of
children's program, which have red backgrounds).

I noticed that there is a blank space to the left of each show, and
was wondering if this could be used to provide an indication that
certain items might require attention.

I know one can restrict the listing to just conflicts, for example,
but then you can't see the shows that are causing the conflict which
you need to do if you want to work around it.

As an example, the patch below puts an "x" in the left-hand column for
conflicts, a "-" for programs not recorded because too many have
already been recorded, and a "." for other things marked deactivated.
Skipping the last two might be better, since it's usually conflicts
I'm worried about, and it would mean less clutter.

Another option would be to make the command buttons on the right *red*
for shows which aren't being recorded at all.  That would mean some
of the "record this" buttons (the ones for conflicts, but not the
ones for shows being recorded at another time) and similarly just
some of the "activate" buttons.

Thoughts?

Dan

--