[mythtv] mythtranscode "missing" cutpoints

Jack Wrobbel mythtv-dev at thewubs.dnsalias.com
Thu Mar 17 05:07:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 22:38, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > > As far as I can tell, this is a mythtranscode issue.  In the cutlist
> > > editor, the cutpoints all look fine, and ffmpeg merely encodes exactly
> > > what mythtranscode sends it (doesn't have its own cutpoint handling that
>
> > I think there needs to be a call to UpdateFramesPlayed in the GetFrame
> > function for each decoder.  Below is the diff for my nuppeldecoder.cpp
> > file.
> >
> > The same thing may be necessary for the other decoders.
>
> Is this tested as working or just an idea?
>
> I think the code that skips the cutlist for the transcoder uses
> videoOutput->GetLastDecodedFrame()->frameNumber, so I don't think it needs
> the UpdateFramesPlayed() function to be called.

I have no idea if this is the correct way to fix it.  When nuvexport
stopped working for me (November or December) I figured out this way of
making it work.

I have been using this mod since then, and the cut list works with
nuvexport. I use a version of nuvexport from back in October since I
didn't feel like figuring out how to do 2 pass divx encoding again after
you did some major mods (I stink at Perl).

Maybe there is a better way to do it.  But this works for me.

   Jack