[mythtv] Channel changing

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Mar 13 17:52:18 UTC 2005

For some time now I've been thinking about changing the way we handle
the actual channel changing....  What I'm thinking of doing is
implementing a ChannelChanger ABC and a series of concrete classes for
the various types.  This would allow us to avoid shelling out in many
cases.

Along those lines, I'm hoping to be able to add UI that'd allow users to
simply select their cable box + code type and have myth use send the
proper remote codes via lirc.  My only concern is that the various
transmitters don't use compatible lirc configs...

Thoughts? Insights?