[mythtv] [BUG?] Endless waiting for thread...

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sun Mar 13 13:19:22 UTC 2005

>  All the socket based plugins in mfd work this way. There's also a pipe
> that's
> watched, so in a single select() you can wait for anything coming in on
> the
> socket, anything going out to any clients, or a signal from any other
> thread
> that the select()'ing thread should wake up (ie. any other thread can just
> put a few bytes in the pipe, and the select() will return). Works well.

For the ProcessRequest code this would be easy enough to implement. There
are a few annoying places (like the event notification socket, and the
master backend socket) that seem to require a bit more work.

I spent some time yesterday looking into it, no promises on a fix this time
but I am looking into it.

--
Anduin Withers