[mythtv] Any way to force DVB Audio PIDS in 0.17 ??

John reidjr at lineone.net
Sun Mar 13 01:14:35 UTC 2005

Jesper Sörensen wrote:

> John skrev:
>
>> Jesper Sörensen wrote:

>>> Yeah, your PMT dump is correct and I can't find that audio stream in
>>> there. It might be worth a shot to give D+ a call and talk to one of
>>> their engineers and ask him what's up? It's probably totally
>>> pointless but maybe it's something they can fix easily?
>>>
>>> We could create some kind of PID override based on the service ID.
>>> The dvbrecorder is simple and only cares about the PIDs but I guess
>>> the missing audio stream is encrypted too and we kinda need those CA
>>> descriptors to be able to init the CAM properly which makes it a bit
>>> more problematic...
>>>
>>> If you're not afraid to dive into the source you could try adding
>>> some hard coded overrides in dvbrecorder.cpp and see what happens?
>>> Also check if that audio stream is encrypted or not (with dvbstream
>>> perhaps?)

>> Thanks for the reply, I will give it a go. Unsure what I need to know
>> apart form the audio PID though ? The exact same stream is decoded by
>> Myth 0.16 when it has the PIDs entered by hand, so I assume setting
>> the pids by hand within "auto-pid" code should work ;-?
>

> In DVBRecorder::SetDemuxFilters(), try adding something like this:
>
>    if (m_pmt.ServiceID == <serviceid of broken channel>)
>        OpenFilters(<missing PID>, ES_TYPE_UNKNOWN);
>
> If that works we could simply make it read the sid/pid from the db
> instead, if this is an override that's needed long term...
>
> When was the last time you tried it with Myth 0.16? Maybe the PMT was
> correct then? I'm a bit surprised that it would work with that broken
> PMT, but everything is possible... Do you know if this is a new
> problem or has the PID been missing for long?

Tried the above, but not sure I added it in the right place :-0. I added
a similar statement for each of the channels that dont work, and
recompiled. Channels that I added all now stutter, but seem to be
stuttering on the spanish track. I am pretty sure it is my lack of
c/linux skills though.

I reran my 0.16 install, and it still works with the nailed up PIDs, and
a windows install of progDVB also works. (progDVB does not automagically
pick up the "missing" audio pids, but I can add them in easily, and then
I get original language.)

thanks again.