[mythtv] Any way to force DVB Audio PIDS in 0.17 ??

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sat Mar 12 22:28:44 UTC 2005

John wrote:

> I think you are right, if I am driving dvbsnoop properly, then the
> "missing" audio channel is not present in the PMT, but _is_ in the
> stream.
> Taquilla5 and Taquilla6 both have spanish/original language channels
> at 80/81 and 124/135 respectively. Taquilla 5 has the original
> language channel in the PMT, Taquilla6 does not :-(

Yeah, your PMT dump is correct and I can't find that audio stream in
there. It might be worth a shot to give D+ a call and talk to one of
their engineers and ask him what's up? It's probably totally pointless
but maybe it's something they can fix easily?

We could create some kind of PID override based on the service ID. The
dvbrecorder is simple and only cares about the PIDs but I guess the
missing audio stream is encrypted too and we kinda need those CA
descriptors to be able to init the CAM properly which makes it a bit
more problematic...

If you're not afraid to dive into the source you could try adding some
hard coded overrides in dvbrecorder.cpp and see what happens? Also check
if that audio stream is encrypted or not (with dvbstream perhaps?)