[mythtv] Re: Proposed alternate behaviour for show delete

Brad Templeton brad+mydev at templetons.com
Fri Mar 11 08:03:58 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 12:38:36PM -0500, Tony Lill wrote:
> Maybe I'm just an old fart, but I like computer programs that do
> exactly what I tell them, no more and no less. Adding all this
> complexity gives me the willies! If the problem you are trying to
> solve is accidental deletes, fix the UI that causes the accident!

First of all, there is not really any UI that can fix that.  Confirmation
is effectively meaningless on routine events.  Many of us delete
as a matter of course after watching.   You could ask us to confirm
5 times and it still wouldn't stop accidental deletes.   We would just
get used to hitting Y 5 times.

Secondly, it also solves the problem of changing your mind well after
deleting, because you now realize there was something to see, or
somebody else in the house does.