[mythtv] Re: Proposed alternate behaviour for show delete

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Thu Mar 10 18:10:52 UTC 2005

Brad Templeton <brad+mydev at templetons.com> writes:
> As for undo on delete, I believe I have a workable solution.  Namely, I
> would consider modifying autoexpire so it has 2 space numbers.  One is
> how much space to keep free (which it already has), and the other is how
> much space to allocate for undo of delete.   If this 2nd number is set to zero,
> no space is set for that, and delete will be near-hard delete.  (What I
> would actually recommend is that delete is acted on on the 2nd pass of
> autoexpire after the user requests delete, which is usually in about 20
> minutes.  If you need to reclaim the space now-now-now, I would recommend
> going to the actual delete screen which could offer hard delete etc.)

This is a good solution, but, might I suggest that if I set my system
for no-undelete, that I mean no-undelete, not, I think I want no
undelete, but I'm really too stupid to be trusted to make that
decision, so give me 20 minutes to change my mind !-)

That is, setting no undelete turns the delete into a real hard
delete wherever it appears. I've already told myth once that I don't
want undelete, I shouldn't have to go to a special menu to tell it I
really, really mean it this time.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571