[mythtv] Proposed alternate behaviour for show delete

Brad Templeton brad+mydev at templetons.com
Thu Mar 10 17:32:39 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 05:14:06AM -0500, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Jeremy Palenchar wrote:
>
> That will still fill up the disk space on the user's machine with
> recordings they no longer want and thus making it impossible to store
> anything other than recordings on the disk.

Right, as may not be clear, this is the goal.   My impression is a
significant proportion of myth users (perhaps the majority) put myth
files on a disk partition dedicated only to myth.  Indeed, they often
put it on a disk-spanning lvm dedicated only to myth.

As such, the space is for nothing else, and so why not have it always
fully in use, until myth needs it for something new, which is what
the autoexpire function does.

However, for those who don't operate this way, it does now appear clear
they would want an option to turn it off or limit it.