[mythtv] Suspend To RAM (S3)

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Thu Mar 10 08:48:11 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 Mar 2005 07:58, Martin Ebner wrote:
> Since nobody on the user-list had a tipp concerning my issue, i'll ask the
> developers directly.
>
> I have a VIA EPIA board using the latest minimyth version with kernel
> 2.6.10. Suspend To RAM works perfectly (resume time about 3 seconds, normal
> boot ~2 minutes) but the problem is, that mythfrontend is closed when i go
> to "exit and shutdown". Therefore, after resume, the frontend is no longer
> available.

I guess the question is, why on earth are you doing "exit and shutdown" if you
just want to suspend the machine.
Clearly the action is doing exactly what you tell it to do, although in your
case it isn't cos you've set it to suspend instead of shutdown.

> Is there a possibility to leave mythfrontend running and just issue the
> suspend to ram command?

echo "mem" > /sys/power/state

> If not, could we change the behaviour to not close mythfrontend
> automatically but set the (default) command to something like "exitmyth &&
> halt"?

Or just bind a sleep script to a remote keypress.

--
Ivor
http://www.ivor.it