[mythtv] Proposed alternate behaviour for show delete

Brad Templeton brad+mydev at templetons.com
Wed Mar 9 23:39:25 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 06:36:46PM -0500, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> I manually delete things myself because A) there's no "watched" flag so
> if it's in my recordings list, I know it needs watched and B) all of my
> media is on one LVM.  That being said, I think I might have accidentally
> deleted something once, maybe.

Indeed, but why not have undelete, even if rare?  Why make any operation
unreversable if you can do better?

However, there is a larger need than your own undeletes, even if you
did have a wonderful system to identify watchers.  Namley you delete
a show and it turns out somebody else says "I wanted to watch that!!!"

Undelete offers the ability to fix that, even if you didn't know
in advance, the other person didn't know they had to "register" as
a planned watcher etc.

In general, I don't see any reason why you don't want undo anywhere
you can get it easily.