Watching the Watchers Re: [mythtv] Proposed alternate behaviour forshow delete

andrew burke aburke at bitflood.org
Wed Mar 9 22:32:26 UTC 2005

>> Users   | Seen It
>> -----------------
>> Andy         1
>> Jeremy       0
>> Matt         0
>> Dana         0
>
> While I like this concept I find the UI possibly too complex for most.

I don't think the UI would be all that bad:

Under Setup -> People:

Setup -> People -> Add a new person (1 screen)
Setup -> People -> Show all people (1 screen)
Setup -> People -> Remove a person (1 screen)

On the show's description page, somewhere, a list of the People and a
checkbox for if they've seen it.  That checkbox should be toggleable from
that screen.

So, 3 new screens and modications to another.

Also, assuming that one day there will be a nice graphical walkthrough for
setting everything up, this would just be a part of that process, adding
people in your household.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to start adding a feature like this?  I
wouldn't be averse to trying my hand at it if there was some way to get
started without a huge investment of time learning the code.

andy