[mythtv] [experimental patch] vbi decoder for IVTV cards

Martin Barnasconi mythtv at barnasconi.net
Mon Mar 7 22:21:03 UTC 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 20:03, Stutty wrote:
> > > 1) 888 subtitles are not 100%, this could be reception issues -
> > > difficult to tell, however my picture is crystal clear and other txt
> > > pages I tried did not present any typical bad reception type errors.
> >
> > Tetetext and subtitles (page 888) use the same routine. What do you mean
> > with not 100%? Wrong characters? I disabled character conversion for the
> > moment. Uncomment these and test. Other reason could be the font itself,
> > perhaps special characters are not in the TTF file.
> Hi, no it seems to missing quite a few updates, for example only
> getting one side of a conversation. I don't think it is a colour
> issue, as the previous subtitle remains on the screen. When viewing
> the same channel on the TV with subtitles on, definitely all speech
> has matching subtitles, but when through Myth only get say 60% of
> subtitles.
> Hope that makes sense!
> Paul

Good input. Currently busy implementing some additional VERBOSE statements to 
debug the vbi events. Have to find out whether the packets are just missed by 
the page/line collector or if they are missing in the mpeg stream anyhow....


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list