[mythtv] Patch for mythfilldatabase --no-delete

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Mar 3 08:41:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 06:52:35PM +0000, Andrew M. Bishop wrote:
> When I run mythfilldatabase --no-delete from version 0.17 I got
> several thousand SQL insert errors due to duplicate data.  With my
> one-line patch to reverse the 'if' statement there were no errors.
> There can only be insert errors due to duplicate data if the whole day
> was not cleared.

Err, something sounds a bit amiss there.

--no-delete
   Do not delete old programs from the database until 7 days old.
   Do not delete existing programs from the database when updating.

So when you used that switch, you got conflicts with the existing data,
which wasn't deleted (because you said not to). What's surprising about
that?

What does your patch do? I can't see how it would be correct.

Hamish