[mythtv] frontend hangs on livetv error (cont)

Michal michas1977 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 18:13:41 UTC 2005

I have a partial fix for this problem. I modified the RingBuffer class in libmythtv to not to close any connections if no data is detected. The modification also sends a pre-generated mpeg2 pes stream of a blank screen (or a 'no signal' screen, I'm still trying to figure which I want to use). The stream is an mpeg loop of 8 frames encoded into libmythtv. I'm still working out some bugs (I think I have to reset the RingBuffer when I 'take over' so the frontend player doesn't get confused - maybe someone can help me with that? The problem exhibits itself through the fact that sometimes even though I am sending the 'fake' mpeg stream, the mpeg player in the frontend is not displaying it. I am guessing this is due to the player not synchronizing correctly to the new mpeg stream. I would welcome any ideas of what to look at.

M.