[mythtv] [patch] automagic settings.pro (version 8)

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Wed Mar 2 06:22:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Nigel Pearson wrote:
]	We also need to either set QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE and QMAKE_CFLAGS_DEBUG,
]or patch libs/libmythmpeg2/libmythmpeg2.pro:

Try this patch.

It sets QMAKE_CFLAGS in both debug and release mode.
Release mode should have already worked though.

This also adds Jeremia's changes, except for the
CONFIG_ALTIVEC_FLAGS patch which resulted in duplicate
sets of altivec flags. Instead this patch creates
ARCHFLAGS which includes all architecture specific
flags, and no longer adds them to OPTFLAGS. Then it
adds ARCHFLAGS to QMAKE_CFLAGS and QMAKE_CXXFLAGS, so
they are used for both debug and release builds for
both C and C++.

I've also gotten rid of duplicate flags in libavcodec
and libavformat, this makes decoding the compile lines
a little easier.

Finally, I've extended the "profile" "Compile Type" to
encompas libavcodec and libavformat. Without those libs
its pretty useless when profiling MPEG-2 decoding in
ffmpeg. The profile compile type is basically "release"
except with "-g -DNDEBUG" added. This produces code very
much like release, but with enough debug info so that
oprofile and V-Tune can give you some useful data. It
does not compile with gprof instrumentation, as that
completely changes the performance characteristics of
the code.

-- Daniel