[mythtv] FF/RW freeze after 10 seconds

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:22:06 UTC 2005

I have been having the issue described on the users list where ff/rw
stops after about 10 seconds until you press a button.  I don't have a
via chip set as some others did who thought the issue was irq related,
and I also do not have a pvr 350, the other suspected cause.  This
issue first started occurring after updating to the current cvs on Feb
5th.  I made no hardware changes, simply cvs update, make dist-clean
make.  Also, if I commercial skip at the end of a recording, it will
freeze every time for about 5 minutes before returning to the menu.
I have not done any debugging yet, but the issue has affected all of my
recordings since February 5th.  Since it is not an actual crash, is it
possible to use gdb to track down the issue?  I am willing to do some
investigation into this issue if someone will point me in the right
direction.  It seems to be affecting a number of users.

Geoff Kruse