[mythtv] [patch] automagic settings.pro (version 4)

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Mar 1 01:42:16 UTC 2005

> I've also incorporated all the using_XXX config options in
> settings.pro, except for using_dvb. Since there is no standard
> directory for the dvb headers yet it can't be autodetected.

	Sure, but wouldn't it be better to have it enabled or
disabled in the same place? (e.g. configure --enable-dvb)

> This is only tested on my Linux computer, so I make no promises
> for other operating systems, but I've tried to account for
> everything.

1) On Mac OS X, there are some problems with
    duplication of compile optimisation flags:

c++ -c -pipe -faltivec
-F/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks
-F/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks -Wall -W -O3
-Wall -Wno-switch -faltivec -O2 `freetype-config --cflags` -fPIC
-D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
-DPREFIX=\"/Volumes/Users/nigel/Library/MythTV\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -DQT_ACCESSIBILITY_SUPPORT
-DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/Volumes/Backups/qt/mkspecs/default -I.
-I../../../../../../Library/MythTV/include -I../.. -I../libmyth -I..
-Idvbdev -Impeg -I../libavcodec -I../libmythmpeg2
-I/Volumes/Backups/qt/include -o NuppelVideoPlayer.o
NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp

I just checked in a slight settings.pro change for the Mac.
You can now change this part of your patch from:

      contains( TARGET_ARCH_POWERPC, yes ) {
          # Do not use -O3, it causes some Qt moc methods to go missing
-        QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE = -O2
+        QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE = $$OPTFLAGS -O2
      }
      contains( TARGET_ARCH_POWERPC, yes ) {
-        QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE = -O3
+        QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE = $$OPTFLAGS
         macx {
             # Auto-inlining causes some Qt moc methods to go missing
             QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE += -fno-inline-functions

2) Note that -altivec is now included twice. Need to
    remove the Altivec support block from settings.pro

3) How do you feel about adding '--enable-fast'?
    (both Solaris CC and Apple GCC support --fast)

4) The tune settings don't seem to find their way anywhere:

% ./configure --tune=G4
# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Install prefix   /usr/local
CPU              powerpc
Big Endian       yes
AltiVec enabled  yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu    no
lirc support     no
FireWire support no

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      no
ALSA support     no
aRts support     no
JACK support     no

# Video Output Support
ivtv support     no
x11 support      no
xrandr support   no
xv support       no
XvMV support     no
XVMC VLD support no
OpenGL vsync     no

Creating config.mak and config.h
config.h is unchanged
% egrep 7450 config.*
config.h:#define TUNECPU ppc7450
% egrep OPTFLAGS config.mak
OPTFLAGS=-O3 -Wall -Wno-switch  -faltivec
%

5) Broken on Solaris:

% ./configure
./configure: test: argument expected
% sh -x configure
+ test x = x-h -o x = x--help
+ test ! -z
+ test ! -z
TMPDIR1=/tmp
TMPC=/tmp/ffmpeg-conf--28381-.c
TMPO=/tmp/ffmpeg-conf--28381-.o
TMPE=/tmp/ffmpeg-conf--28381-
TMPS=/tmp/ffmpeg-conf--28381-.S
TMPH=/tmp/ffmpeg-conf--28381-.h
+ test -a /proc/cpuinfo
configure: test: argument expected
%

* By my reading of the manpages, -a is a binary and,
   and requires two expressions. Change to 'test -f' ?
   (as Solaris, annoyingly, has no test -e)

* Similarly, line 739 and 764, the == should be =

* Line 1338 and 1353, the -e should be -f

Of course, there are lots of other fixes I need to commit to
get Solaris building to work, but while we are re-engineering
configure, it may be the right time to do it?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  when you stop believing