[mythtv] Question: Slideshow with audio

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 15:13:05 UTC 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 9:11, michael at mussington.com wrote:

> Is anyone working on a good way to get a simultaneous slideshow AND
> audio? I'm
> trying to figure out how to do it for my living room. If you don't
> have an
> answer, do you  have any ideas about whom I could ask?

You can do this now with mfd/mfe, if you're adventurous.  Install mfd
and the mfe plugin.  Run mfd.  Fire up mfe and start a playback of a
playlist or whatever.  Now you can navigate through the rest of the
frontend screens and the music will continue playing.  Just don't try
to play back any recordings or use mythmusic, as they'll report that
the audio device is in use.

That's the best we've got for now; there is no "automatic" way to play a
slideshow with music in Myth, and I doubt anyone would want to bother
adding such a feature until the mfd code is incorporated into the main
Myth source tree.

-JAC