[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r6739 - in trunk/mythtv by danielk

danielk at cuymedia.net danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jun 29 19:54:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:28 , Isaac Richards <ijr at case.edu> sent:
>> In TVRec, this removes the Pause()/Unpause() calls in ToggleInputs(),
>> ChangeChannel(), and SetChannel(). The protocol change here is that
>> Pause and Unpause must be issue by whoever is using the recorder before
>> and after these commands.

>Why was this done?  This will make channel changes even slower than before.  I
>see absolutely no reason for this change.

For the signal monitoring I need to keep the recorder paused
between the time we begin tuning and the time we get a signal.

So the protocol is
PAUSE_RECORDER
PAUSE
//change channel somehow
SET_SIGNALMONITORING_RATE x 1
then when we get a good response UNPAUSE

We could combine PAUSE_RECORDER and PAUSE, but I think we need UNPAUSE,
and we need SET_SIGNALMONITORING_RATE or something like it.

I'll roll this back until we can agree on a protocol for it.

-- Daniel

---- Msg sent via Velcom.com - http://www.velcom.com/