[mythtv] Re: New idea for storing recordings to disks

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Jun 28 23:24:21 UTC 2005

	I am just wondering if all this is really necessary.
It is not too hard to do this sort of thing via NFS/Samba
and symlinks and a cron job or two (e.g. every 10 minutes
if the recordings partition is more than X% full, move the
oldest recordings to another partition/network-mount and
replace with a symlink), and it means we are not adding
extra complexity needlessly.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Gentlemen,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  you can't fight in here