[mythtv] anyone working on a storage manager

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Mon Jun 27 18:36:00 UTC 2005

I'm thinking of fixing myth so that it can properly handle multiple
disks for storage, and maybe, eventually, offline storage on removable
media and other neat stuff. Am I going to be stepping on anyone's toes?

The only one I can think of is Brad's suggestion system. He was
talking about ignoring recordings with an auto-expire priproty of over
100 when calculating disk space, but I haven't looked at his code.

I was looking through the code and got some questions.

There is a setting for LiveBufferPrefix, presumable for the
ringbuffers. It's only referenced once, and I suspect that there are
other places in the code, like mainserver's handle announce ringbuffer
stuff that just assumes that it is always the same as
RecordFilePrefix. Should it always/only be used to open ring buffers for
live tv. And is the handle announce ringbuffer only going to be called
for live tv.

Is the handle file transfer message just to open recordings (i.e. the
file will always be directly under RecordFilePrefix?

TTFN
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571