[mythtv] New commits mailing list: Woo hoo!

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Jun 22 19:09:37 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 03:47 pm, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> There's this:-
> http://sam.zoy.org/writings/programming/svn2cvs.html
>
> Mainly about migration, but he mentions a post commit script to mirror svn
> changes into cvs.

Tried that one  - doesn't work at all.

> Having said that... I don't think keeping cvs access is worthwhile in the
> long term. Might be worth having a plan and saying something like after the
> next major release the repository will be svn only or something.

Well, if I don't find a decent enough mirroring script, CVS is going to be
dead (but still accessible for a while for people with pending work) as of
last night.  I was just considering it to be a 'nice to have', nothing
critical.

> BTW Don't know if you've discovered it yet... but the very useful svn
> annotate is unusably slow on files with long commit histories.

Yeah, I've seen that mentioned.  Not something I use, so... =)  However, it
does seem like they've improved it in 1.2.

Isaac