[mythtv] Re: MythTV DVB Subtitles Patch v0.4 released

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:08:52 UTC 2005

Hi there,

> I just wanted to say thanks to Juha Kuikka and Pekka Jääskeläinen for
> implementing a working dvb subtitles support to mythtv. I can finally say

Thank J.K. My main effort so far has been only to track a crashing bug
and package
a new release ;)

> that my mythtv box is a full-featured dvr :). Even so I had some problems
> patching the cvs head with the patches and I had to downgrade to
> release-0-18-fixes branch. Could you Pekka try to make a patch against
> current cvs so that the subtitles support can someday be added to official
> cvs?

I will, as soon as the DVB issues are fixed with the CVS head. Last time I tried
there was a bug with rewind/fast forwad. Anyways, the patch seemed to
apply quite
easily to the CVS HEAD, I had to fix manually only a couple of spots.

BTW, have someone seen any timing problems with the patch? I
occasionally get subs
displayed several seconds too early currently. After that is fixed,
and I've taken a look at
Piers' liveTV sub problem, I could request merging the patch in CVS
HEAD, but not
earlier.

I've already implemented disabling/enabling the subs with 'T'. I also
run MythTV with
valgrind and watched a subbed movie. There seemed to be no memory
leaks related to
the patch.

--
--PJ