[mythtv] Re: OS X: compile error CVS: undefined symbol

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Tue Jun 21 02:11:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 11:59 +1000, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> > Can you try the current CVS? (run ./configure first).
> >
> > It should work out of the box, and hopefully
> >   ./configure --enable-backend
> > will work as well.
> 	Both seem OK.
Great.

> Even configure --enable-backend --disable-frontend worked.
Heh, I made sure that would work so that someone could work
on a backend port on a system before the frontend port was
completed. But it is only a partial backend, it doesn't produce
previews nor does it compile mythtv-setup for configuring
the backend.

> Note 1: Attached patch explicitly lists FE/BE build
> status in summary at end. I know that blocks of settings
> (e.g. Output Support for FE, Input Support for BE)
> are only printed out for FE/BE, but saying it in
> plain english may reduce confusion?
>
> Note 2: OS X does not have /etc/ld.so.conf
> Until I work out the equivalent, attached patch also
> prevents warnings about not being able to cat the file.

Its in CVS. I removed the debian "/usr" bit, since it's only correct
for someone making an official debian build.

-- Daniel