[mythtv] Re: OS X: compile error CVS: undefined symbol

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sun Jun 19 22:43:18 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 12:55 -0400, Michael J.Sherman wrote:
> Okay, with a new CVS pull, now I get this error:
>
> In file included from videodev_myth.h:25,
>                   from pchdtvsignalmonitor.cpp:8:
> videodev2_myth.h:377: error: field `timestamp' has incomplete type
> pchdtvsignalmonitor.cpp: In constructor `
>     pcHDTVSignalMonitor::pcHDTVSignalMonitor(int, Channel*, unsigned
> int, const
>     char*)':
> pchdtvsignalmonitor.cpp:45: warning: invalid conversion from `int' to `
>     _opaque_pthread_t*'
> make[2]: *** [pchdtvsignalmonitor.o] Error 1

Ok, I'm going to try rearranging the what gets compiled for a frontend
only build. It looks like we are going to need to remove more files
from the frontend build to make it work, and I might as well segment
out all v4l recording stuff, since we will want to support USB/Firewire
recorders on non-linux compatible systems someday soon. I'll look at
this tomorrow.

-- Daniel