[mythtv] A weird problem with ALSA, X11, DirectFB

jpahka at welho.com jpahka at welho.com
Fri Jun 17 11:28:47 UTC 2005

http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo#head-b318f22131b4a59eef5f28edfac9160204e13719

> and try using either the "ALSA:digital" or "ALSA:mixed-digital"  devices
> (and use either "default" or "ALSA:default" for the mixer device).  You
> may have to adjust the device numbers for your sound card (as described
> in the page).

Hi Mike and thanks for your answer,

But unfortunately that is not the case here. I'm using the same channel on both
occations (and that channel sends audio @ 48kHz). And the same channel worked
also on 0.16 in qt/e setup.

I did try the alsa settings found on the page you suggested, but they didn't
make any difference, X11 still works and qt/e + dfb doesn't. It's weird to say
the least.

Do you have any ideas on how to debug the situation further?

Thanks in advance,

juhis