[mythtv] improving mythvideo

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Thu Jun 16 21:00:44 UTC 2005

Torsdag den 16. juni 2005 09:06 skrev Tj:
> J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> >For quite some time you've been able to specify "Internal" as the player
> >for video files and avoid shelling out however the internal player has
> >had problems.  As Isaac mentioned, Mark Spieth's patch deals with the
> >major issue of seeking in AVI files.  I've been running his patch here
> >myself and haven't encountered any issues with it.
>
> Just asking...
As am I ;)

> Any chance to improve MythVideo such that when you insert a disc full of
> AVI files, select play and it will play the files in sorted order? (A
> gui treelist of all the AVIs for me to select files would be nice).
>
> Or just use a single "Play" command for all DVD/VCD/AVI/MP3 discs?
>
> Thankx.

In this regard, it would be nice to have a special mode in MythVideo where you
could point at a directory and just go through the files there without
indexing them in the database or anything, basically a filemanager for
'Internal'. It would certainly be a bonus if it could also detect removable
media and ask whether or not to mount them...

/Martin.