[mythtv] mythbackend spinning in "Waiting for a thread ..."

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Thu Jun 16 15:21:08 UTC 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 09:47 am, Robert Tsai wrote:
> I am going to blindly hypothesize that this might be related to the
> AMD64-specific pthreads problem for which exists Kyle's workaround in
> RingBuffer, but there don't appear to be any readwrite locks involved
> in this bit of the code (although I'm not familiar with QMutex).

Actually, it's quite possibly to be the same issue, if mythweb is requesting
the backend to generate thumbnails for the recordings.  That will involve the
RingBuffer class (to read the local video file), and if enough of those
queries stack up due to problems there, you'd see the current behaviour.

It shouldn't be terribly hard to get a backtrace of the backend in its stuck
state - it'd be interesting to see where the threads are.

Isaac