[mythtv] MythTV DVB Subtitles Patch v0.4 released

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 06:53:21 UTC 2005

On 6/15/05, Piers Kittel <mythtv at biased.org> wrote:
> Been on holiday, and back now and watched 4 ep of bad soap that I
> programmed to be recorded from the DVB card instead of my PVR350 -
> worked perfectly tho some subs missed out but I suspect that's due to
> bad reception.

I have noted missing subs occasionally myself. Also there's still some
timing issues
(subs appearing too early). It should not be due to bad reception.
I'll see what I can do.

> Anyway, rewinding, fast forwarding etc works great -
> only one problem is that I found live subs (where each word pops up on
> the screen) didn't work properly - the 1st line works fine, but the 2nd
> line - the first word would pop up, then the second word would pop up
> but at the same time, the first would vanish, and the 3rd word would pop
> up and the 2nd would vanish and so on... but that's the only problem
> I've spotted.

In Finland I've never seen such "live subs". If you could record a piece
of such program (maybe 5-10mins with lots of sub activity) and put it available
somewhere for me to download, I could try to fix the subs using the sample.
I might already know what's the problem.

> Also once when I pressed the "skip 10 seconds" button when watching a
> DVB recording too fast, mythfrontend segfaulted but I think that's due
> to the mythfrontend not your patch.

Try to get the core dump next time.

> Thanks very much for the patch again!

I'm glad that it works somehow.