[mythtv] DVD-T UK xmltv ids

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 09:31:35 UTC 2005

On 06/06/05, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon 6 June 2005 19:37, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > > From what Isaac said the wiki hasn't been transferred. If I can find the
> > > right people we'll try and get this moving again. We can always arrange
> > > for a new wiki to be setup and then worry about importing the old stuff
> > > later on.
> >
> > wiki.mythtv.org or www.mythtv.org/wiki/
> >
> > I think there's info on there about who was doing the transferring.  Been
> > stagnant for quite a long time, though.  I set the thing up almost 4 months
> > ago.

I've been thinking a bit about this, since I've been immersed in the
scanwiz code over the weekend :)

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have the file stored
locally as well as on mythtv.org but since all the information within
the file refers to other Internet resources I don't think this is
needed per say, although a local cache version might be a good thing.

xmtvids. Do we need multiple id's dependent on which grabber you are
using. E.g tv_grab_uk_rt and tv_grab_uk_bleb both use different ids.

Channel matching/finding. I think that we should key it of the
"channel ident", which could return several results, then using the
grabber, network id and service id try to narrow down the result. So a
search for "BBC One" could initially return 10 or more matches, an
additional pass with the grabber might narrow this down to 5, and the
network,service id would hopefully just get you one. If it fails at
any point we just take the first one out of the list.

Processing. Do we keep the processing on the client or on the wiki/web
server ? From a developers point (i.e mine:) ) it's might be easier to
process the results on the client. Also do we want to batch requests
up to the server or just issue them one at a time. We could of course,
just download all the data, stash it locally and then process the
requests from there. To large degree this is probably down to Isaac
and how much load on mythtv.org he's prepared to allow (not that there
should be too much).

Regards
--
John