[mythtv] Question on playing TV from a plugin...

Joel Utting joelu.geo at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 02:49:35 UTC 2005

I'm trying to write a plugin which can play TV, and it doesn't seem to
be working easily. I've had to make copies of the include files
(tv.h/tv_play.h/tv_rec.h) because they are not installed, and I copied
the code out of mythfrontend (startTV()), however when TV goes to start
it locks up in the main loop with getState() returning StateChanging
constantly instead of WatchingLiveTV - the screen remains blank, and I
have to ctrl-c from the terminal to kill it.

Are there any special conditions necessary for running live TV from a
plugin ?

Bye - Joel.