[mythtv] Cannot delete a recording

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 16:49:59 UTC 2005

On 6/12/05, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I tried it out; I set the timezone to Saskatchewan time, and
> then I was able to delete the recording.
>
> So, I'd say that confirms there's a bug somewhere. Deleting of
> recordings is following the timeshift somehow, and Watching recordings
> is not. I would expect that Watching is the correct behaviour.

Digging through the code a bit, I've gotten a bit lost in the
structure, but I think it looks like the DELETE_RECORDING command is
translating the start and end times from a QString to a timestamp
using the toTime_t() method. My guess is this is doing the daylight
savings conversion.

I can't find similar translation code in the playback codepath, unless
I'm looking in the wrong place (which is very possible). I'm not quite
sure where the values are coming from in the playback code, so I could
very well be missing something obvious.

I would think that the translation to the time_t is wrong... the value
stored in the database is already the translated value, I think. So I
think it's translating it again?

Or am I talking complete nonsense? :)

--
aaron