[mythtv] Audio sync problem with UK Channel 4 and recent CVS builds

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 14:20:56 UTC 2005

Moved from original thread "RE: [mythtv] XVMC and audio sync"

> I've also been seeing this problem since updating to recent CVS (updated
> about a week ago), but only on one channel (Channel 4 in the UK).  The
> audio
> starts out in sync and steadily gets further and further out of sync.
>
> Commenting out that block of code does fix the problem.  The only
> peculiarity with Channel 4 I've come across before is it was affected by
> the
> TS timing issues (a 1 hour program would show up at being 1 minute long),
> could it possibly be linked to this?
>
> Mark

Aha,

That may explain something. When I started the original thread I thought
that the problem was confined to xvmc. Subsequent tests proved it was not.
However, I was puzzled by the fact that I had missed this to start off with.
Now I think I know how I did. I was doing most of my tests on recordings
taken from UK Channel 4. I probably did the initial non xvmc tests on
something other than Channel 4. I have posted this with a new subject, hope
this does not break netiquette too much, if so I apologise.

Roger