[mythtv] XVMC and audio sync

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Fri Jun 10 05:45:50 UTC 2005

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 11:10 +0100, Roger James wrote:
>
>>I was wrong in saying that this problem only occurred on XVMC. I just had
>>not tested hard enough. It seems to be generic. I will do more testing to
>>see if I can step back to a version/configuration where it is not happening.
>>Is the nvidia-settings options you refer a compile time configuration or
>>somewhere in the runtime config.
>

> I don't know what exactly is causing your problem, but it is probably in
> NuppelVideoPlayer.
>
> -- Daniel

Just to add to this, I am now having the same problem since updating
from CVS 2005.05.06 to 2005.06.04. In my case it appears that
only some recordings are affected. In these recordings the
audios appears to go out of sync at the same place in the stream
and leave the audio about 0.25secs -> 1sec behind the video. I
have not been able to get the audio/video to re-sync after this
point.
Playing back the *.nuv file with xine is fine.
This has happend after the ffmpeg merge ....

Terry