[mythtv] how do i: have multiple sources on the same tuner?

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Thu Jun 9 20:47:10 UTC 2005

On Thursday 09 June 2005 19:24, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > i have a 350 connected to a satellite box
> > it has my analogue cable looped through it
> > i control the sat box with lirc
> > i want to tune some channels from the analogue cable and others from the
> > sat box. how do i do this? it seems in the setup it is an either/or
> > situation.
> >
> > for channels from the cable i want it to tune to the appropriate
> > frequency for channels from the sat i want it to tune to channel 69 and
> > use the external channel changer
> >
> > can i define two tuners (actually the same tuner) and assign a different
> > source to each?

[snipped description of how to "sort of" do this]

i played around doing pretty much what you suggested
i hit the changing channel in live-tv issue you described

the reason for doing this is that i have a sat box which only has a scart
connection with RGB. i'm going to have to buy/build an RGB to s-video
convertor so i can plug in sat box into the s-video input of my pvr350

i'll have a look at the code and see if i can work out how to do this
"properly"

regard (and thanks for the help)
--
Simon Kenyon