[mythtv] Air2PC 5th Gen Status / Misc. DVB Updates

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 9 13:01:41 UTC 2005

I have had a good number of people asking me about this card recently, and I
have some news to report.. So here it is..

I got my card for writing the drivers from at the end of last week.. I have it
working except for proper signal monitoring.. It seems to deal with mutlipath
much better than any other card I have (hd2k,hd3k,nxt2002 based Air2PC).  I
haven't tried it with an omnidirectional antenna yet, but I can now get my PBS
station without it breaking up at all.. I can now almost pull in my UPN station
that I was unable to get at all with any of the other cards (This is probbably
due to analog interference on an adjacent channel).. It does work for QAM fine
and I watched DiscoveryHD with it for a few hours just to verify it does work
for QAM..

QAM Scan needs much work.. Yes I know..

I had to go on the road for work, so I can't get the driver finished up until
most likely Friday or later in the weekend..

I also plan on reverting the siscan channel delete and re-add code since I see
it causing way more problems than it should be at this point..

Taylor