[mythtv] DVD-T UK xmltv ids

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Jun 6 15:54:37 UTC 2005

>A complication is that you can't trust service ids either :) We're
>lucky in the UK 'cos they do stay constant. TBH we probably need both
>with some precedence rules. I think Taylor was planing on adding an
>immutable field somewhere to store the service name.

Hmphh... This is tricky...

I still think the goal is a better *default* set of choices.  So a
flawed implementation is acceptable.

The three choices seem to boil down to:

1) Match on service id and have lots of them
2) Match on Channel Name and tough luck to people who aren't in (London)
and want a regional variation
3) Something else... Perhaps it matches on ID first, then falls back to
name if the ID is not found, or it's missing.  This way one could build
name only matches for some countries and ID+name matches for others...

So is this wiki tranferred over to mythtv.org yet?  Otherwise I guess we
need another method...

Ed