[mythtv] mythfrontend via wireless lan

Lutz Mändle lmaendle at gmx.net
Sat Jun 4 21:17:52 UTC 2005

Hi,
to get better results while watching a movie, that is currently
recorded, I changed some buffer sizes in libmythtv/RingBuffer.cpp.

Here are my changed definitions:
#define TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE (64*1024*1024)
#define TFW_MAX_WRITE_SIZE (TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE / 4)
#define TFW_MIN_WRITE_SIZE (TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE / 32)

Without that, the playback during recording is constantly interrupted
(prebuffering pause) when connected to the backend via wireless lan
(54Mbit). Curiously the playback of a complete recorded movie was ok. I
have high quality recording settings (720 x 576 pixels, 8000 kbit/s) for
the PVR 350 card.

Und Tschüß....
Lutz Mändle         Internet: lmaendle at gmx.net
Berlin/Germany