[mythtv] DVD-T UK xmltv ids

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Jun 4 08:29:06 UTC 2005

On Fri 3 June 2005 23:44, Ed W wrote:
> I guess we just need something easily editable, but also parsable.  So
> when someone says that all the IDs have changed in some remote location
> we can avoid getting excited and just let them update the page themselves

An xml based file would seem the most logical choice. Granted xml itself might
not be so easy for a newbie to edit but someone (maybe me) can easily create
a Perl or PHP frontend to make it easier. In fact a Perl/PHP app could also
be used to manage access and log changes.

Although I have faith in the Wiki system we have to be careful about
defacement - no-one will be happy when their channel icons are suddenly
replaced with pornographic images *eek* This either means all changes have to
be approved first or that access is limited.

If channel icons are controlled by the system then issues of copyright have to
be resolved too. Will the icons be stored on the server or will it simply
point to other sites (Lyngsat?).

Someone will also have to create the client side handling - either built into
Myth (preferred) or a third party app?
--
Stuart Morgan