[mythtv] Request: please fix channel up/down and watch live TV defaults forDVB:HD tuners

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Thu Jun 2 22:49:22 UTC 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 06:29 pm, Mudit Wahal wrote:
> Well, I'm impatinet man :-)
>
> So I just build the mythfrontend with some debugs in
> mythcontext:GetSettings function. I wanted to know what is being
> passed as ChannelOrder default value !
>
> I see everything being queried except the ChannelOrder ! Go figure !
>
> But with 0.18.1 frontend, the behaviour is different ! (Someone fixed
> a booboo ?? I dont see channum+0 in the sql query .. come on .. fess
> up .. who fixed it in 0.18.1... and was still silent while I was being
> thrashed left and right by Sir Isaac !!!!!!)

Err, the ChannelOrder setting is read at startup by the backend.  This hasn't
changed in years (literally).  All you had to do was restart the backend
process, and it would have worked just fine with 0.18.

> I'm wondering why did it skip 7_1 ? Does "65_1" < "7_1" in strings
> comparions ?

Uh, yes?  6 < 7.  As I've said multiple times, just assign real channel
numbers if you want better operation.

> But, seriously guys (and gals), DVB + HD needs some ironing out for
> channel changing/tuning/etc.

The only issue is the untuneable channel one on startup, really.

Isaac