[mythtv] Request: please fix channel up/down and watch live TV defaults forDVB:HD tuners

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:50:44 UTC 2005

(Sorry for incorrect name before).

The startchan is really broken for HD:DVB as pointed out by Wendy and
others in various lists. Trust when several people are complaining
about the same issue. There is a similar thread going on in
mythtv-users. Not every one is dumb or stupid not to know how to
configure the setup (as you might have suggested in your earlier

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/133855 (one such
thread in mythtv-users list).

Also, setting channum as 7_1 in your setup will not help unless you
have a DVB card/driver etc. As the sql query code path might be
different. Again I may be wrong as you are the developer and in your
opininon nothing is broken and everything is working as its supposed
too :-)

Today, I'll start the mythtv-setup, set the sorting to channel number
and then start with channel 2_1. I'll log all the sql queries and the
myth backend logs when I go channel up/down. Then I'll change the
sorting to alpha and repeat the above process. I'll save both the
backend log and the sql query logs, and post on the thread.