[mythtv] Changes of Aspect Ratio when OSD is displayed

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Jun 2 07:26:34 UTC 2005

In message <429EACED.5030300 at isismanor.com>
        Neale Swinnerton <mythtv-dev.spam at isismanor.com> wrote:

> Well, for me it's only ever offset to the right. That could be because I
> only ever have certain combinations of size/aspect.
>
> Are you in the UK? This happens on ITV1 and Ch4, because they use 16:9 /
> 4:3 switching, whereas BBC and five seem to always broadcast 16:9.

You're right that the BBC and five are always 16:9 but they do also
broadcast an AFD to indicate that only the centre section is active.

In contract ITV and C4 use the full horizontal resolution for 4:3 and
set the MPEG aspect ratio flag.

I think Myth must ignore AFDs because I noticed that on BBC2 for
example with a 4:3 show the OSD covers the full width of a 16:9
screen but on ITV it only covers the centre section.

I've never had any problems other than that though, and that isn't
really a problem.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)