[mythtv] Channel change slow....

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Jul 30 22:47:59 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 12:15 +0000, Joel Utting wrote:

> make it buffer less ? Are then any parts that stand out as being slow ?
> A pointer to parts of the code would be sufficient, I can do the work
> myself.

RingBuffer.cpp

There are a few places where it waits for a full 256K before doing
anything. 30 frames may take as little as 100K so this can account
for about 2-3 seconds. And some of the timeouts on waiting for the
buffer to fill are LONG, and there is no mechanism for flushing to
disk based on time rather than buffer fill... You might also want to
start live TV at 90% of real speed and speed up to 100% when the
excess buffer has grown to at least 2-3 MB ahead.

-- Daniel